1. The Information We Collect and/or Receive
- In the course of operating the Platform and Website, Oni Validator will collect (and/or receive) the following types of information.
- Personal Information.When you make a purchase and when you and your Authorized Users register to use the Platform, you will be required to provide personal information about yourself, such as your name, e-mail address, telephone number and similar information (collectively, “Personal Information”) in order for us to perform our contract with you. When you sign up for the mailing list or other promotion on our Website, we request your company name, email address, first and last name, and similar information.
- Geolocation Information. Certain features and functionalities of the Platform may be based on your location, device, or other setting. In order to provide specific features and functionalities we may, with your consent, collect information from your device or wireless carrier and/or certain third-party service providers, such as geolocation and language settings (collectively the “Geolocation Information”). You may decline to allow us to collect such Geolocation Information, in which case we may not be able to provide certain features or functionalities to you.
- Other Information. In addition to the Personal Information, the Billing Information, and the Geolocation Information, we may collect or receive additional information (collectively, the “Other Information”). Such Other Information may include:
- Activity. In order to provide you certain features and functionalities of the Platform or Website, maintain our business relationship and as a matter of our legitimate interests to improve our Platform, Website, and services, we automatically collect certain information when you use the Platform or Website, and integrate it with your other devices and services. Such information may include, without limitation:
- IP addresses, browser type and language, referring and exit pages and URLs, date and time, amount of time spent on the Platform or Website, what sections of the Platform or Website you visit, etc.;
- information about a mobile device, including universally unique ID (“UUID”), platform type and version (e.g., iOS or Android), carrier and country location, hardware and processor information, and network type; and
- activity and usage information occurring via the Platform or Website.
- We collect information using “cookie” technology. Cookies are small packets of data that a website stores on your computer’s or mobile device’s hard drive so that your device will “remember” information about your visit to our Platform or Website, or use of the services. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to help us collect Other Information and to enhance your experience using the Platform or Website. If you do not want us to place a cookie on your hard drive, you may be able to turn that feature off on your computer or mobile device. Please consult your Internet browser’s documentation for information on how to do this and how to delete persistent cookies. However, if you decide not to accept cookies from us, the Platform or Website may not function properly.
- Third-Party Analytics and Customer Support Providers.
- For more information on these third parties, including how to opt out from certain data collection (if available by such third parties), please visit the sites below. Please be advised that if you opt out of any service, you may not be able to use the full functionality of the Platform or Website.
- Retargeting Services.
- For Google AdWords, you can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page at https://adssettings.google.com/authenticated, and if you want to, you can opt out of interest-based advertising entirely by cookie settings or permanently using a browser plugin. Oni Validator does not currently monitor, recognize, or honor any opt-out or do not track mechanisms, including general web browser “Do Not Track” settings and/or signals.
2. How We Use and Share the Information
- You authorize us to use the Personal Information, the Billing Information, the Geolocational Information, and the Other Information (collectively, the “Information”) to provide the Platform or Website and to improve the same; to process transactions; to solicit your feedback; and to inform you about our products and services and those of our promotional partners.
- You also authorize us to use and/or share Information as described below.
- We will access, use, and share the Information as required to fulfill our contractual obligations to you, provide you with support, and to address your questions or requests regarding our Platform, Website, or services.
- In order to be responsive to you, to provide effective services to you, and to maintain our business relationship, as a matter of our legitimate interests, we will use your Personal Information to:
- administer the Website and the Platform, and for internal operations, in order to conduct
- troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey analysis;
- maintain the safety and security of our users, the Platform or Website, and business;
- send you announcements in relation to security, privacy or administrative related communications (these communications are not marketing orientated, and we do not rely on consent, so you may not opt out);
- generally improve and develop our products and services.
- We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include providing technical assistance, customer service, and marketing assistance. For example, Oni Validator uses third-party cloud hosting providers to store user Information and configurations. These other companies will have access to the Information only as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law.
- In an ongoing effort to better understand our customers and our Platform or Website, we may analyze certain Information in anonymized and/or aggregate form in order to operate, maintain, manage, and improve the Platform or Website and services. This anonymous information does not identify you personally. We may use this anonymous/aggregate information, and share and/or license it with and to our affiliates, agents, business and promotional partners, and other third parties. We may also disclose anonymous/aggregate user statistics in order to describe our Platform, Website, or services and business to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
- We may share some or all of your Personal Information with any of our parent companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with us, in our legitimate interests.
- As we develop our businesses, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, sale of assets, dissolution, or similar event, the Information may be part of the transferred assets in our legitimate interests.
- To the extent permitted by law, we may also disclose the Information: (i) in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including for the purpose of meeting national security or law enforcement requirements, (ii) when required by law, court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency; or (iii) whenever we believe that disclosing such Information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of Oni Validator or others to comply with law or in our legitimate business interests.
3. Retention of Personal Information
- We will also retain and use your personal data to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our terms and conditions, other applicable terms of service, and our policies. We will retain your Personal Information as follows:
- your account data for as long as you continue to use the Platform, Website or services;
- if you contact us, we will keep your data for 24 months after you contact us; and
- your technical usage information for 24 months
- If you stop using our Services, we will store your information (including your end users’ information) in an aggregated and anonymized format; we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
4. How We Protect Your Personal Information
- We implement reasonable and appropriate security measures to protect your Personal Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction, taking into account the risks involved in processing and the nature of such data, and comply with applicable laws and regulations. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that the Personal Information that you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the Internet.
5. Rights in relation to your Personal Information and Communication Preferences
- Privacy Rights for EEA/UK Residents
- If you are located in the EEA or the UK, you have certain other rights in relation to your Personal Information:
- Portability: You have the right to receive a copy of the Personal Information we hold about you and to request that we transfer it to a third party, in certain circumstances and with certain exceptions.
- Restriction of processing to storage only: You have the right to require us to stop processing the Personal Information we hold about you, other than for storage purposes, in certain circumstances.
- Objection: You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Information
- Withdrawal of consent: Where we rely on consent to process your Personal Information, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
- To exercise these rights, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Data Transfers
- The servers used in connection with the operation and use of the Website and Platform are operated in the United States and elsewhere. Please be aware that your Information, including, but not limited to, your Personal Information and Billing Information, will be transferred to, processed, maintained, and used on computers, servers, and systems located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction. If you are located outside the United States and choose to use the Platform or Website, you hereby consent to such transfer, processing, and use in the United States and elsewhere.
7. California Residents
- Terms used in this section and not otherwise defined have the meaning given to them under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). We do not sell personal information collected about you.
- In the preceding 12 months, we collected and disclosed for a business purpose the following categories of personal information about California consumers:
- Auditing related to our interactions with you;
- Legal compliance;
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and necessary prosecution;
- Performing services (for us or our service provider);
- Internal research for technological improvement;
- Internal operations;
- Activities to maintain and improve our services; and
- Other one-time or short-term uses.
- Your Rights. Where applicable, if you are a California resident you may have the following rights under CCPA in relation to “personal information” we have collected about you as defined in the CCPA; these rights are subject to verification and any applicable exceptions:
- Right to Know/Access: You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of certain personal information about you as described below:
- The specific pieces of personal information collected;
- The categories of personal information collected;
- The categories of sources from whom the personal information is collected
- The purpose for collecting the personal information; and
- The categories of third parties with whom we have shared the personal information.
- Right to Delete: You have the right to request that we delete the personal information
- Freedom from Discrimination: You have the right to be free from unlawful discrimination for exercising any of the rights above.
- To make a request in relation to the above rights, please contact us at email@example.com. To fulfill your request, we will need to verify your identity and residency in California, and ask for additional information and documents.
- Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a request related to personal information collected about you. To designate an authorized agent, the authorized agent must provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify that they have been authorized by you to act on their behalf.
9. How to Contact Us
- If you have complaints about how we process your Personal Information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond to your request as soon as possible.
- If you are an EEA or UK resident and think we have infringed data protection laws, you can file a claim with the data protection supervisory authority in the EEA country in which you live or work or where you think we have infringed data protection laws, or with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office, as applicable to you.